Town of Hopkinton
This project is an addition and renovation to the historic Hopkinton Public Library. The existing library is comprised of two historic buildings: the original Hopkinton Public Library built in 1895, and the adjacent Episcopal Church built in 1898. An addition in 1967 joined the two buildings together and expanded the library to the current 5,783 square feet. The existing library is too small and outdated to adequately serve the needs of the Town and its residents.
The addition and renovation project will expand the library to 22,000 square feet, adding meeting space, full accessibility, computer terminals for access to digital collections, children's room including story/activity space, technology classroom and computers, young adult section with homework area and room for study groups, and space for library programs and after-hours community events. The completed project will be seeking LEED Silver certification, and will include new onsite parking.
Site work will include selective demolition, new parking lots, utilities, parking areas, and landscaping.